This is one of the quickest, easiest and most delicious dishes I have ever made. I have to admit it was actually my Mom who first whacked these ingredients together after searching through the fridge for some inspiration on what to cook that night for tea, and boy am I glad she told me about it.
This really is one of those dishes where you can pull out whatever is left over in the fridge, throw it into a frying pan and have a tasty dinner just 15 minutes later. It’s a great weeknight meal due to the fact it takes virtually no preparation and it can be adjusted to accommodate individual taste buds or dietary requirements. It’s even been served in my household when we’ve had guests come round unexpectedly with hungry tummies and they’ve all really loved it.
Mushrooms could be incorporated into the dish and if not making a dairy free version, then a sprinkling of parmesan wouldn’t go amiss. Serve alongside a crust of homemade garlic bread if you’re really hungry and you’ve got a delicious din dins for a busy school night.
- 2 pieces of chicken breasts/thighs
- Half fresh red chilli/ chilli powder to taste
- 2 red, yellow or orange peppers
- 2 rashers of bacon
- Half tub of single soya cream (or normal if not dairy free)
- Red onion chopped into small pieces
- Gluten free pasta shells or macaroni
- Salt and pepper
- Heat some olive oil in a frying pan, add the bacon and cook until starting to go crispy
- Add the chopped onion and allow to fry for 5 minutes until softened
- Add the chicken and cook until golden
- Meanwhile cook the pasta according to pack instructions
- Add the chilli and pepper
- Add the soya cream and stir into the meat mixture
- Season with salt and pepper
- Drain the pasta and blend in with the sauce alongside a scattering of fresh or dried basil
One thought on “Chicken and bacon pasta in a creamy chilli sauce”