Scallops are very much a new addition to my diet due to the fact that year’s ago, they were expensive and actually not that easy to get your hands on if you lived slap bang in the middle of the Midlands. In fact, the first time that I taste tested the squishy little delicacies was on a holiday to Wales a few years ago and I can still remember the trouble we had trying to release, prepare and cook the live shellfish.
Thanks to their wide spread popularity, scallops can now be found at most supermarkets up and down the country, washed and sealed for the convenience of lazy people like myself who are put off by the thought of trying to manhandle a shellfish.
I made this easy peasy dish at my recent Mediterranean night and it was well loved by everyone sat around the table. So without further ado, let’s get cooking.
- Prepared pack of scallops
- Half ring of chorizo
- Large handful of spinach
- Baby or king prawns
- Cherry tomatoes
- Heat some olive oil in a frying pan and tip in the chorizo, turning until golden and crisp. Transfer to a plate, making sure to leave plenty of juice in the pan
- Next, toss in the scallops and prawns and fry for 3 minutes on each side on a moderate heat
- Place a handful of spinach into the pan and leave to wilt
- Prepare a plate with lettuce and tomatoes
- Add the chorizo back into the pan and mix well with the shellfish
- Throw in some parsley and serve on the bed of salad