This is one of my favourite meals and an absolute keeper because it only takes 20 minutes to whip up. In true Jamie Oliver style I had a little race around the kitchen, throwing and chopping with both speed and precision in order to get my dinner ready and in front of the TV in time for whatever programme was taking my fancy that night.
Let’s face it, sometimes quick meals that require no effort can be bland and boring, but I always find that with a dollop of maple syrup smothering a chop and roasted apples following closely behind in the procession, a dry piece of meat can be transformed into something succulent and down-right bloody delicious.
So, let’s have a look at what’s in this delicious dish and get cracking.
- 2 pork chops
- Red or yellow pepper
- ½ chopped onion
- ½ mug full of rice
- Handful of fresh chives
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 apple cut into chunks
- Dairy free butter or sunflower spread
- Warm the oven and align a baking tray with foil and olive oil
- Chop up the sweet potato, season the pork chop with salt and pepper and place in the oven for 30 minutes
- Meanwhile, boil the rice and cook according to packet instructions
- Slice the pepper and cut the apple into chunks. Add to the baking tray 15 minutes before the end of cooking
- Melt some butter in a small frying pan and add the chopped onion, cooking until crispy
- 5 minutes before the chops are ready to be served, smother the pork chops in maple syrup and place back in the oven
- Once the rice is cooked through, throw the onions in and mix well
- Serve up the rice and chops alongside the sweet potato, peppers and apples
- Sprinkle the chives on top and pour the juice from the tray over the plate
5 thoughts on “Sticky maple pork with apples and crispy onion rice”
This is a winner. Lots of awesome taste sensations.
Definitely! It’s very easy to make and tastes delicious 🙂
Hi, this is my type of tea. Thanks for sharing. I shall be giving this a try, Chloe.
Thanks Chloe. It’s a lovely meal for a cold night when you want a little sweet treat.
It looks deelish😄