I will be the first to admit that my blogging this year has been almost non-existent. Cracking on with writing the children’s novel I had been planning since 2013 and the ability to be able to snap a quick shot of my delicious meals and post to Instagram have been mostly to blame.
However, over the past few weeks I have come into contact with people who have checked out my blog and the ‘I haven’t got time,’ ‘it hasn’t been updated for months’ excuse is starting to wear thin. Alas, I’ve decided to reintroduce myself with WordPress and share my love of food via the tinternet once again.
So without further a due, I give to you the easiest Monday night, in a rush meal recipe of a chicken and chorizo traybake. This can literally be rustled up and ready to eat in 35 minutes on 190, giving you a little time to settle down, get comfy and check your Twitter feed whilst the lovely aromas of sweet honey and spicy chorizo spill through your kitchen.
- 1-2 Chicken fillets
- Half ring chorizo
- Sweet potato
- Red and yellow pepper
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees
- Cut up the chicken, slice the chorizo into 2cm pieces and chop the sweet potato into wedges
- Layer a baking tray with foil and sunflower oil and pile on the meat and sweet potato
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle on some olive oil
- Prepare the salad in a bowl and sprinkle on your favourite herbs
- In a bowl, mix a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and olive oil with a teaspoon of honey
- After 35 minutes of cooking, serve the meat on the bed of salad and finish with a generous helping of the honey, balsamic vinegar and olive oil dressing
One thought on “Glazed chicken and chorizo tray bake with roasted vegetables”
A simple tea to try, I like that it all cooks in one tray, perfect. Thanks for sharing.